Make baking at home as easy as pie with these top tips and tricks…
- Place your cake as close to the centre of the oven as possible to allow for air circulation, this will help it bake evenly and prevent sinking.
- Get perfectly even cupcakes every time by using a slightly oiled ice-cream scoop. This also works with cookie dough; just flatten them down slightly before baking.
- Soften butter in seconds without a microwave or saucepan by simply placing the butter on a plate and putting a warm glass over the top.
- Mould cookie dough around the bottom of a muffin tin to make individual cookie bowls for ice cream.
- Cut cake perfectly using a warm knife. By doing this the cake will not clump together or stick to the edges.
- Use wet hands to work with fudge and oats. This will stop it sticking to your hands and will make it easier to mold in to the shape you want.
- Grate cold butter into flour when making pastry for even and easy blending
- Create swirly frosting for your cakes by using two piping bags with one tip.
- For perfectly flat cakes, leave them to cool up side down. This is especially useful when layering sponge cake.
- Use a pastry brush to butter cake tins.
- Use applesauce or very ripe bananas as a fat substitute.
- Make healthy chocolate brownies by substituting flour with black beans.
Have you got your own baking tips? If so we would love to hear them in the comments below!